Filipino World War II Veterans Congressional Gold Medal Application
Filipino WWII Congressional Gold Medal Application
Download Application Here
NAME: (First) __________________________(Last) __________________________ (Middle Initial) ______
Surviving: (YES) (NO)
Veteran’s Address: ______________________________________
City: ________________ State: ______
Zip Code: ____________
Telephone #: ( ) ________-___________
Email Address: _________________________
Military Service Number: ___________________
Date of Birth: ___________________
Branch of Service: ___________________
Unit Specific Name: ______________________________________________
Retired: (YES) (NO)
Received Filipino Veterans Currently receiving
Equity Compensation: (YES) (NO) (Appeal) VA Benefits: (YES) (NO)
POW: (YES) (NO)
Date of Service: _________________ to __________________
Location of Service: ______________________________________________
Physical Status: ______________________ (i.e. Walker, Wheel Chair, Cane)
Veteran Attending Event: (YES) (NO)
NEXT of KIN Information:
NAME: (Last) ___________________ (First) _________________ (Middle Initial) _____
Relationship to Veteran: _____________________
City: ___________________ State: _________
Zip Code: __________
Telephone #: ( ) _____-_______
Email Address: _____________________
Next of Kin Attending Event: (YES) (NO)
|I certify that the information provided above is true to the best of my knowledge, information and belief.
Applicant’s Signature Date
|For CGM ONLY|
|Region Certified||National Certified|
“PRIVACY. The Filipino Veterans Recognition and Education Project (“FilVetREP”) will consider information provided by you on this Application Form as private and confidential. FilVetREP intends to use this information only in connection with the Filipino Veterans of World War II Congressional Gold Medal (“CGM”) project, including but not limited to, for the purpose of identifying and qualifying Filipino and American World War II veterans for CGM award, fundraising campaigns, and promotional efforts in accordance with applicable law. FilVetREP does not intend to use this information for commercial purpose. By submitting this Application Form, you consent to, and expressly authorize, FilVetREP’ s (including its designees and authorized representatives) use, retention and disposition of your information in connection with the Filipino Veterans of World War II CGM project.”
Please send you application for verification to the Regional Directors:
|Region Location||Region Director||Contact|
|Connecticut (CT), Maine (ME), Massachusetts (MA), New Hampshire (NH), New Jersey (NJ), New Year (NY), Pennsylvania (PA), Rhode Island (RI), Vermont (VT)||Ben de Guzmanemail@example.com|
|Delaware (DE), Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA), West Virginia (WVA)||Sonny Busafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Illinois (IL), Minnesota (MN), Nebraska (NE), Wisconsin (WI)||Jelly Carandang, Angeles||MSJELLYBEANS@aol.com,|
|Iowa (IA), Kentucky (KY), Michigan (MI), Ohio (OH)||ArminM. Saysonemail@example.com|
|Alabama (AL), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Mississippi (MS), North Carolina (NC), South Carolina (SC), Tennessee (TN)||Enrique(Dick) A. Aquinofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Colorado (CO), Kansas (KS), Montana, South Dakota, Wyoming (WY), North Dakota (ND)||Michael Sembreemail@example.com|
|Arkansas (AR), Louisiana (LA), New Mexico (NM), Oklahoma (OK), Texas (TX)||Maria Christina
|Alaska (AK), Idaho (ID), Oregon (OR), Washington (WA)||Oscar Hilman Thelma Sevillafirstname.lastname@example.org,|
|Northern / Southern California (CA)||Luisa M. Antonio Cecilia Gaerlanemail@example.com|
|Arizona (AZ), Nevada (NV), Utah (UT)||Rozita Villanueva Lee Leo Fortunafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hawaii (HI), Guam (GU), American Samoa (AS), Marianas Island (MI)||Ben Acohidoemail@example.com|
|Philippines and Overseas Embassies||Fred Calbasifirstname.lastname@example.org|
Instructions for the Application
- Please Download the Filipino WWII Congressional Gold Medal Application
- CGM USAFFEE VETERAN INFORMATION Tool Kit v3
- Completely fill out the Application
- Look on the page 2 to find the VETERANS (or Surviving NEXT of KIN) Regional Director Representative (Each Regional Director are broken out by US State and Us Territories). Please email directly to your Regional Director.
- Once the Region Director receives your Application they will contact you and follow up to CERTIFY your documentation and/or eligibility (See below for Eligibility for the Medal). Never give any of your ORIGINAL Documents.
- Should you not have any documentation, please see our RESOURCE LINKS page to request the VETERAN’s information. This process in ordering/requesting records may take some time.
Eligibility for the Congressional Gold Medal
“Filipino Veterans of World War II” to include an individual who served:
- Honorably at any time from July 26, 1941, to December 31, 1946;
- In an active-duty status under the command of the U.S. Armed Forces in the Far East; and
- Within the Philippine Commonwealth Army, the Philippine Scouts, the Philippine Constabulary, Recognized Guerrilla Units, the New Philippine Scouts, the First Filipino Infantry Regiment, the Second Filipino Infantry Battalion (Separate), or the First Reconnaissance Battalion; or
- Commanding or serving in such a unit as a U.S. military officer or enlisted soldier.
The Filipino Veterans Recognition and Education Project is a nonpartisan, community-based, all-volunteer national initiative whose mission is to raise awareness through academic research and public information and obtain national recognition of Filipino and Filipino-American WWII Soldiers across the United States and Philippines for their wartime service to the U.S. and the Philippines from July 1941 to December 1946.
CONDUCT A NATIONAL CAMPAIGN TO:
- Seek act of U.S. Congress to award a Congressional Gold Medal to the Filipino American World War II soldiers.
- Initiate conclusive academic research on the Filipino American Soldiers experience during World War II including the Philippine Scouts, Philippine Commonwealth Army, Recognized Guerillas, New Philippine Scouts, 1st Filipino Infantry Regiment, 2d Filipino Infantry Battalion (Sep), And 1st Recon Battalion.
- Raise national awareness and public education/information on their wartime service and sacrifice in defending the Philippines and United States.
FACTORS TO SUPPORT RECOGNITION
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued a Military Order on July 26, 1941 directing the Philippine Commonwealth Army, Philippine Scouts, and Philippine Constabulary to be under the command of the Commander, U.S. Army Forces Far East (USAFFE) to defend the Philippines and United States.
- Over 260,000 Filipino soldiers fought in WWII. An estimated 16,000 to 18,000 soldiers remain in the U.S. and Philippines.
- The fall of Bataan in April 1942, and Corregidor in May 1942 led to the capture of over 72,000 American and Filipino troops.
- USAFFE forces and Filipino civilians organized into Recognized Guerilla Units led by U.S. and Philippine Army Officers.
- The 1st Filipino Infantry Regiment, 2d Filipino Infantry Battalion (Sep), organized in California, and 1st Recon Battalion participated in the Philippine Liberation in 1945-46.
Resource Links for Filipino WWII Veterans to obtain documentation
National Personnel Records Center
Access to Archival Database
US Veteran Affairs Records
Philippines Veterans Affairs Office
Please contact Camp Aguinaldo to their Military Records and obtain an AGO 23
Contact nearest Philippines Embassy